- Everyone can do their part to help us respond to this emerging public health threat:
- CDC is recommending the use of a cloth face covering to keep people who are infected but do not have symptoms from spreading COVID-19 to others.
- The cloth face cover is meant to protect other people in case you are infected.
- The cloth face coverings recommended are not surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Medical face masks are critical supplies that should be reserved for healthcare workers and other first responders, as recommended by CDC.
- The cloth face cover is not a substitute for social distancing.
- CDC continues to recommend that people try keep about 6 feet between themselves and others.